“Can we order some Garlic Bread from Domino’s Amma, Please?”..My son loves the plain garlic bread from Domino’s and was craving for it. Quarantine time!!! No more ordering food from outside, I planned to browse the recipe online and try making it at home. I wanted to ditch the baking part, I looked for the simple garlic bread recipe that can be made with the bread I had at home.. My recipe is the sandwich version of the simple garlic bread recipe, which is then cut into thin slices. My son was happy with this homemade garlic bread sticks and relished it, we did too 🙂 , I am sure Kids will love this quick snack. Here is the recipe…
Serves: 3, Ingredients:
- Salted Butter: 3 tbsp (I used the regular Amul butter, at room temperature)
- Garlic pods : 5 to 6
- Processed Cheese grated or Cheese slices: As required
- Mixed herbs or plain Oregano (add the herbs you have handy): 2 tsp (Adjust to taste)
- Red Chilli Flakes: 2 tsp (Adjust to taste)
- Black Pepper powder: 1 tsp (Adjust to taste)
- Bread slices: 8
Things to prepare or set up before we start :
- Bring the butter to room temperature, soften it. This way, we can make a perfect garlic butter mixture to be spread on the bread. Do not use it directly from the refrigerator.
- Finely chop or crush the garlic pods, add it to the butter and mix well.
- If the butter is unsalted, add salt to the garlic butter mixture as required.
Let’s Get Started:
- Spread the garlic butter mixture on one side of all the 8 bread slices.
- Arrange 4 slices on a plate. Sprinkle some Mixed herbs or Oregano, Black Pepper powder, Red Chilli Flakes on them (I sprinkled about 1/2 tsp of Mixed herbs, 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli Flakes, 1/4th tsp of Pepper powder on each bread slice)
- Top them up with some grated cheese or cheese slice according to your taste and love for the cheese (I used about 1 tbsp of grated cheese for topping each bread slice).
- Let’s now cover each of the bread slice with the other bread slice on which the garlic butter has been spread.
- Brush some butter (about half a tsp or as required) on all the sandwiches made.
- Preheat the grill and grease it with some butter. Let’s grill the sandwiches till golden and crunchy. * Alternatively, you can use a thick bottomed pan to grill the sandwiches. To do so, grease the pan with some butter, place the sandwich on the pan and cook it on medium flame until both the sides of the sandwich turn gold and crispy.
- Take them onto a plate, cut each sandwich lengthwise into equal portions as shown in the recipe pictures and we are all set.
- Serve these Garlic Bread sticks with some cheesy sauce 🙂
My Take on the dish:
- Finely chopped Green Chillies and Coriander can be mixed with the garlic butter mixture to enhance the taste. Black pepper powder can be skipped, adjust the use of Red Chilli Flakes in this case.