It was a lazy morning and I had no clue what to prepare for breakfast. Opened the refrigerator and started to search, no clue what I was looking for though lol. I had some bread, leftover Palak Matar ki sabji, veggies and cheese…”Sandwich”, is what came to my mind, the sandwich turned out colorful, nutritious and filling….Here it is..
Ingredients to make one sandwich:
- Any Bread Slices – 2 (I am using plain Milk Bread)
- Amul Cheese Slice – 1 or 2 Slices (Depending on your liking for “Cheese”)
- Cucumber Slices – 4 to 5
- Carrot Slices – 4 to 5
- Radish – 1/2 (optional)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Leftover Palak Matar curry – 1 tbsp
- Chilli flakes or Red Chilli powder – Adjust to taste (Optional )
We will make 2 sandwiches…Let’s Get Started :
- Place two bread slices on a plate.
- Cut the Cheese slice into four.
- Layer on with two small cheese slices, cucumber and carrot slices.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder, oregano, chaat masala, chilli flakes or chillie powder.
- Take a grater and grate the radish on the filling
- Take 1 tbsp of the curry and spread gently on the center of the bread. Do not spread it towards the sides of the bread for now, when we grill in the sandwich maker, the curry will be spread evenly
- Top it up with more cheese according to your taste and cover it up with the bread slice.
- Preheat the grill and grease it with some ghee
- Let’s grill the sandwiches till golden and crunchy. Remove the sandwiches and we are all set. Taste’s yum with Tomato Ketchup.
My take on the sandwich:
- You can directly place the cheese slice on the bread, however if the size of the bread is small, when you grill the sandwich, cheese might be all over the grill. To avoid this, I just cut them and place it at the center.
- Using radish is optional, I grated it instantly as when you grate it and keep it aside, radish starts leaving water. Grating instantly helps skipping the step of straining the excess water, simple..
- For a tangy flavor, you can also add some lemon juice, Amchur powder.
- Instead of topping up the filling with cheese, you can spread Butter or Mayonnaise on the bread which is being used to cover, it adds good taste. Well, you can do the same even with that extra cheese topping.
- The same sandwich can be made with any curry of your choice and your taste. I am sure, most of the Mum’s do this :p
I am sharing the pictures clicked real “Quick”.. Be it a lazy morning or plan to make a quick snack, bread is a savior. You can make a quick sandwich or bread omelette or just toast the bread and top it with jam / honey / tomato sauce / salt- pepper and the list goes on….Thanks to the baker :):P. Well, leftover curry can be your savior too 😉